Dear Blue Sky Church,
We hope you are well. As you are aware, the governor and other health authorities have issued additional guidance and restrictions on gatherings. As such, we are updating and revising our approach and response for the sake of our church and for our community. You can find these updates below.
At times like this, let the Bible help guide you and give you great trust in God. Let us remember this encouragement from Paul: “Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:11–13)” So let us persist in our faith, looking for opportunities to stir our love and hope for Jesus and our love for others in this time. Let us continue to pray for one another, our city, and for the world – that God would have mercy on us and that many would turn towards Jesus, putting their trust in him alone.
This is an unusual time for us, but let's continue with love and confidence as we trust Jesus together remembering also Philippians 4:4-7, “Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” He is with us!
The Blue Sky Board of Overseers
Services and Small Groups
- We are suspending normal Sunday services, all small group gatherings, discipleship communities, special events, various ongoing trainings, and the youth and kids programs.
- We will be recording Sunday morning teachings and making them available on our website by 10am each Sunday: https://www.blueskychurch.com/teaching-audio. We encourage you to listen, worship, seek Jesus and pray for the church on your own or with your household as we are apart from one another.
- If you have any specific needs, or if you know of someone in the Blue Sky community that does, please feel free to reach out to your small group leader or DC Pastor.
Stoneway Church Plant Offering
- As many of you know, Joshua Church (Austin) and Blue Sky are planting a church in Reading, England this year. That plan is not changing - however we are postponing the date of the church plant offering to the tentative date of June 7th.
- The building is not hosting any events at this time. In addition, the offices are closed and the staff are working remotely, you can reach the staff via email. If you do not have a staff member's email address you can send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email Updates from Blue Sky
- If you have not been receiving any email updates from us, and would like to be on our mailing list, you can fill out the form below:
We recognize that we are not healthcare professionals. If you would like more information please refer to some of the resources below. To our knowledge, these resources are being updated regularly: